2009/05/22

Summaries of "events" from 05 May - 22 May

Disclaimer:This post is going to gets long, dry and draggy... Good for those bored and have problems sleeping...

[2009_05_05] Dinner with the ladies...
Wha i want to eat the Ba Chor Mee and Yong Tau Foo from AMK hawker, did not get the chance to eat either of them.... Ba Chor Mee requires 45 mins of waiting time. Yong Tau Foo Jitao sold out... Ended up have to eat the Can-one-mouthful-swallowed Wanton mee.... It tastes ok... But the serving is really really miserable... Nevermind, since it is so near my workplace, can always go over for lunch in the days to come...

[2009_05_06] Diamond Quest...
Together with ah chai, we accompany xianxi to know more about diamond rings. Wha that glittering stone really not cheap not cheap siah, super ultra not CHEAP.... It is hell expensive... Ok la, shall not complain about the price anymore... Afterall, it is the price of love... Hahaha!!! Actually diamonds are more then just the superficial glittering and carat weight... To be precise, there are literally 4 Cs to look out for in diamond selection, namely Cut, Carat weight, Clarity and colour.

Diamonds are graded by 2 different grading institute, Gemological Institute of America (GIA) and American Gem Society.
1. Cut
GIA Cut Scale: Poor, fair, good, very good and excellent. It is extremely difficult to analyse or quantify the cut of any diamond. FYI, it has 3 attributes:
a. brillance -> The total light reflected from a diamond.
b. fire -> The dispersion of light into the colors of the spectrum.
c. scintillation. -> The sparkles when the diamond is moved.
The classic diamonds embedded on diamond rings are usually round in shape and of cause there are many other shapes around, I shall not go into it. But do u know that there are 58 faceets for a round traditional round diamond, each precisely cut and defined and can get as small as 2mm in diameter? The cut is probably the most important as it determines the amount of light returned to the viewer's eye.

2. Carat Weight
A carat weight is equivalent to 0.2g, it is the standard unit for diamonds and other gemstones. But do you know how the carat system come about? The name carat don't come from carrots but rather carod seed because of their relatively uniform weight. Early gem traders used them as a counterweights in balance scales.
Apparently, ladies like their diamond rings to be of big carat weight but wouldn't it be better if the size of the diamond fits the finger? Sad to say those with bigger girlfrends will have to delve deeper into their pockes.

3. Clarity
Clarity refers to the absence of internal includsions and external blemishes. The inclusions and blemishes are actually formed from within the earth by the extreme heat and pressure.


4. Colour
The table below speaks it all....



[2009_05_09] Vesak Day Paintball with colleagues at Red Dynasty
Finally managed to play paintball after missing 3 earlier possible sessions... Firstly, was a session with KW peeps, it was put off with the slight downpour. Secondly, I did not managed to make it for the session with KW peeps again due to the injury on my left ankle... Ya I tink i remembered correctly, it's my left leg... The third time was the session in Malaysia... Which haha i don't feel like going...
Finally la, finally managed to play it despite ah chai saying that it is a waste of $$$ la, pain la... blah blah blah....

But huh... I didn't know that paintball was so fun, Kill Kill Kill!!! Woootz hooo!!! Super shiok la!!! I managed to shoot down the cone twice, frag a couple of my colleagues and of course get shot and get myself a few marks of paintball. Shiok shiok ah!!! Who who who? Who wans to play paintball? There are a few people that i'm very enthu to play with though, whahahaha i want to shoot u all. U should know who you are. Hee hee hee!!!

[2009_05_10] KTV Session with ly, brain, ex, ww and lm
Wha not bad huh, limei, can really sing very well huh... But hor... Cant really seem to remember your voice leh... No different from listening to MP3 what.... Nothing special... I listen to my PSP also the same... Bleahz... Wanwei ah Wanwei, or should i call you Acn.... Hee hee!!! When will your jolin dance be ready??? Den Hor, yong哥 ah, y are u like emo 1 corner the whole day??? "Darling" next time we sing duet ok? Woootz hooo!!!! Wan patch? Wahahahaa!!! Brian u don mind hor? keke!

[2009_05_13] 5.85km jog

[2009_05_14] Cleared 0.5 day off-in-lieu from Vesak Day...
Wat a day... Take off go out makan lunch den go home play facebook games... Is this the life of a loser??? I supposed so la... But nonetheless, the lunch was pretty delicious... And I had a good rest and work out in the evening... Another 5.85km jog.
Hmmmm stil got 0.5 day more... When should i take it???

[2009_05_15] Shop + Dinner with Alric, Chai, Wil N Ken.
Surprisely I bought a new T, even more surprisingly, the T have wordings that can really glow in the dark... I find it kind of cool la but Wil says i very "brave", my colleague says i matt... Kaoz... Maybe its just me ba... Whahahaha!!!

[2009_05_16] 2.5km Swim + Cake buying.
Spent 9 bucks on the tikum machine... Kaoz! Still failed to get the toy i want. Somemore still ended up with duplicates... Sianz ji bua... Puiiiiiiii!!! Oh ya... Went all the way to Raffles City to buy this cake to let my parents try out... Not bad not bad, quite unique... Even though I prefer Goodwood Park's Durian Strudel... Damn power!!! I get to know the first train at CCK (Green line) starts at 0603 sharp while the other track(red line) starts at 0545... First bus and train info acquired. Level up!!!

[2009_05_21] Just another day
Just another tired working day, nothing spectacular happened... Just... missed my lunch... Almost busrt the zip on my jeans which freaks the hell out of me... Piang eh... I cannot really imagine my zip spoilt... kopithiam open liaoz siah... Super like a pervert!!! But still heng la, it did not really spoil... But I would say that it is a clear sign... Time to get a new one...

Oh ya oh ya.... Jialat la, my boss says i too "meticulous" le, din do work fast enough... Haiz... Sianz... Yellow card siah... Dangerous... Really have to buck up liaoz... Not good enough, do things too slow, wants to cover everything (Act like wants perfection...Time for a change... Haiz, just like the song, 完美并不美。。。你让我的好,变成一种罪。。 Balance would be just nice...

[2009_05_22] 我和我的女友 on channel U
Supposedly, there is a JC 1st 3 months gathering tonight but... err.... Since I have yet seen them of like dinosaur years... I decided to just... not response to the invitation... Anti-social? MLM?? But... Even if i go i also won't be happy, no one there that I really know very well or is close to... So...Might as well... Whahahaha!!!

Whaa!!! 宋惠乔... Super duper sweet... Anyone got lobang??? Can someone intro??? How come Mr 车太贤 can find such a chio GF in the movie 1??? I look worst den him, goondoo-ier den him... Does that means that my gf will b chio-er den 宋惠乔??? Hahaha!!! I should not only slim down physically now... I should slim down hopes as well... It is getting fatter as well...

On the lower note... Have you ever tried laughing out loudly but deep within the deepest and darkest corner of your heart, what was heard wasn't the happy laughters but screeches and cries... Yet you know there is no way to express what's within you... It's an art... Painful yet real... I'm alive...

In the coming weeks/months i would die die want to watch... Woootz hooo!!!!
1.) Angels and Demons
2.) Night at the Museum 2
3.) Monster Vs Aliens
4.) Transformer 2

"It doesn't matter how the world sees you,
what's more important is how you
value yourself."

“人与人之间都存有一种生缘分,
但是缘分这东西很容易有曲折,
一个不留神就会产生很不一样的结局。”

No comments: